You have to consider many things when planning to buy a new computer. The latest CPUs can get all your attention. However, choosing a good motherboard is essential. These are the features you need to know before buying without spending too much money.
Select your chipset and CPU
It will be your first decision when it includes the CPU. The choice you will have is either you buy Intel or AMD. Motherboards can only work with a particular family of processors made for. These are the guidelines for your CPU to work best and help you choose the perfect processor for any budget. You have to choose either AMD or Intel for the party.
- Thunderbolt – You will most likely need to have an Intel motherboard. Few AMD motherboards can support the technology, but it is mainly seen on Intel boards because Intel helps make it.
- Multicore performance – you will likely have to choose AMD. It can be a Threadripper or Ryzen 5000 chip. It has a critical core that you can take advantage of compared to Intel.
- Gaming performance – you have to choose AMD Ryzen 5000. Intel gives you good performance with other chips using Core 15-11400 and Core i5-11600K.
Choose a form factor – ITX, ATX, or M-ATX.
The PC builders must choose a motherboard based on the standard ATX form factor. However, when looking for a more petite build, you will use mini-ITX motherboards. The prices for mini-ITX motherboards will get expensive. Because of the added features, you will have, you can have a few physical PCIe slots used for storage, graphics card, and more add-in cards. Although in return, you will get the chance to make a solid gaming PC.
For micro-ATX motherboards, since it is less common, which is in between of choice, it can hold a size that can make a good feature set.
Select your aesthetic
When you choose features, it is not limited. Show it to your graphics card, motherboard, and case when you build a PC with a synchronized RGB light. It would help if you had a motherboard with integrated RGB headers. It also offers built-in software to assist you in matching all the colored lights. Even though you like to have a dark approach without glittering the LEDs, it will be an ideal design to add to your build.
Know what features you need.
When you buy motherboards online, they will be based on the features you need, which is essential to maximize the price to performance. These are the necessary features that you need to think about.
- Port selection – when you need slots for audio or USB connections, you must integrate HDMI into the motherboard. But you have to read the list as not all motherboards are made equally.
- Cooling – the motherboard cooling is not the main concern for most people. However, you have to invest in motherboards with a high-end CPU. It needs to have active fans, more oversized heatsinks, and VRMs to decrease the heat level.